Billie Jean這首歌是在主唱Michael Jackson 事業高峰初期
1982年《Thriller》專輯裡的其中一首
這首歌曾有歌名上的討論,為什麼要斟酌歌名呢?
Billie Jean是真有其人嗎?
在Youtube有破百億的海量點閱
究竟它有何弦外之音?
8/6(三)下午4:05~5:00 tea time時光《唱歌學英文》單元,將邀請高雄市鎮港園社區大學英文老師Mark跟我們分享Billie Jean倒底是誰?還有歌曲創作背景以及英文單字、片語與含義。
節目內容如下:👇👇
- She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene
她像極了電影裡走出來的的選美皇后
I said don’t mind, but what do you mean I am the one
我說不在意,但你說我就是那個人是什麼意思?
Who will dance on the floor in the round
那個將在人群中跳舞的人?
She said I am the one, who will dance on the floor in the round
她說,我就是那個將在人群中跳舞的人
‧scene場景
‧in the round人群中
‧floor
1.地板,地面[C]
The floor of this room is made of wood.
這個房間的地板是木頭的。
2.(樓房的)層[C]
I live on the third floor. 我住在三樓。
- She told me her name was Billie Jean, as she caused a scene.
她告訴我她名叫比莉珍,隨即引起了一陣騷動
Then every head turned with eyes that dreamed of being the one
然後每個人都轉頭側目,幻想自己就是那個幸運兒
Who will dance on the floor in the round
那個將在人群中跳舞的人
‧cause/make a scene (to behave in a loud, angry way in public)
Please don't make a scene.
請不要騷動。
The car accident caused a scene.
車禍引起一陣騷動。
‧S + dream of …
1.做夢;夢見,夢到[(+of/about)] + n.
I dreamed about my hometown. 我夢見我的家鄉。
Mary once dreamed of God. 瑪麗有一次夢見了上帝。
2.夢想;嚮往[(+of/about)]+Ving
He dreamed of becoming a movie star when he was young.
他年輕時嚮往著成為電影明星。
- People always told me be careful of what you do
人們總告訴我,要小心你的作為
And don’t go around breaking young girls' hearts
別四處玩弄年輕女孩的心
And mother always told me be careful of who you love
而媽媽總告訴我,注意你愛的人
And be careful of what you do
注意你做的事情
‘Cause the lie becomes the truth
因為謊言總會成真
‧be careful of/about/with + N/Ving
Be careful with the glasses. 小心玻璃杯。
He's in a bad temper so be careful (about/of) what you say to him.
他心情很糟,所以跟他說話要當心。
‧glass 玻璃
‧glasses 玻璃 / 眼鏡
‧go around 到處走走+Ving
I go around buying some groceries.
‧-ful 滿是...的 (full of sth)
cheerful/delightful/joyful 非常開心、振奮的
colorful 色彩繽紛的
dreadful 令人害怕的;非常糟糕的
-less 沒有...的
countless 無數的
endless 無盡的
homeless 無家可歸的
- Billie Jean is not my lover 比莉珍不是我的愛人
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one她就只是聲稱我是她愛人的女孩
But the kid is not my son但那小孩不是我兒子
She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son
她說我是她愛人,但那小孩不是我兒子
‧claim [klem] n. 要求 v. 要求、聲稱、斷言
She claims to be a good pianist. 她聲稱是位優秀的鋼琴家。
The company claims (that) it is not responsible for the pollution in the river.
公司聲稱對該河流污染沒有責任。
China claims (that) Taiwan is a part of its territory.
中國聲稱台灣是其領土的一部分。
- For forty days and for forty nights 經過40個白天與夜晚
The law was on her side 法律站在她那邊
But who can stand when she's in demand 但當她受眾人歡迎時,誰能阻擋
Her schemes and plans 她的陰謀與計畫
‧S+have sth on one’s side 有...的優勢
He has experience on his side. 他有經驗方面的優勢。
She has the law on her side. 她有著法律方面的優勢。
‧stand 承受
I can’t stand it. 我受不了了。
‧Something be in demand 非常需要的、受歡迎的
Gold is in demand.黃金很受歡迎 (黃金很被人們需要)
Good teachers are always in demand. 好的老師總是很多人都需要的
‧scheme 陰謀(含負面意思)
- 'Cause we danced on the floor in the round 因為我們曾在人群中跳舞
So take my strong advice 所以,聽取我的忠告吧
Just remember to always think twice 記得,凡事都得思考兩次
(do think twice) (do think twice) 一定要思考兩次
‧give someone some advice 給人建議 a piece of advice 一個建議
take someone’s advice 聽某人的建議
例子:I’ll take your advice and buy the green jacket.
我就聽你的建議,買這件綠夾克吧。
on the advice of 聽某人的建議
例子: On the advice of my doctor, I started riding my bicycle.
我聽從醫生的建議開始騎腳踏車
advise v. 勸告、忠告
例子: I advise you to always think twice.
- She told my baby, we’d danced till three 她告訴我的寶貝,我們將舞至三點
Then she looked at me 然後她看著我
Then showed a photo, my baby cried 拿出一張相片,我的寶貝哭了
His eyes were like mine (oh, no!) 他的眼睛長得跟我很像(喔,不!) ‘Cause we danced on the floor in the round, baby 因為我們曾在人群中跳舞,
- People always told me be careful of what you do
人們總告訴我,要小心你的作為
And don't go around breaking young girls' hearts 別四處玩弄年輕女孩的心
She came and stood right by me 她走來站在我身邊
- Then the smell of sweet perfume然後那甜美的香水香氣
This happened much too soon 這發生得如此之快
She called me to her room 她把我叫入房
- Billie Jean is not my lover 比莉珍不是我的愛人
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one 她就只是聲稱我是她愛人的女孩 But the kid is not my son 但那小孩不是我兒子
Billie Jean is not my lover 比莉珍不是我的愛人
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one 她就只是聲稱我是她愛人的女孩 But the kid is not my son 但那小孩不是我兒子
She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son
她說我是她愛人,但那小孩不是我兒子
She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son
她說我是她愛人,但那小孩不是我兒子
She says I am the one 她說我是她愛人
Billie Jean is not my lover 比莉珍不是我的愛人
Billie Jean is not my lover 比莉珍不是我的愛人